The Hume Pistol Club will be hosting the 2019 NSWAPA-IPSC State Title in April
If you would like to try pistol shooting, whether it is for a “one off” time or you are interested in joining a club, the Hume Pistol Club conducts training sessions known as a P650 Safety Course.
This course is held on the 2nd Sunday of the month. Due to the intensive supervision and safety requirements, only a small number of participants can be accommodated in each of these sessions
The cost of the P650 course is $55. This includes the use of club .22 rimfire pistol, 50 rounds of ammunition and tuition from our Club approved instructors.
You should allow at least 3 hrs for the course. You will be shown the different types of pistols, how to hold, load, sight, and fire these pistols along with the safety aspect associated with handling and using a pistol. On completion of the shooting session, you will be shown how to calculate your score. When finished, you are quite welcome to take your target with you as a momento.
If time and availability permits, it may also be possible for you to try some larger calibre centrefire pistols. This can be done by arrangement with club members to allow the use of their private firearms. These members may be “generous” and give you a couple of shots or there could be a small cost payable to that club member.
You should allow at least 3 hrs for the course. You will be shown the different types of pistols, how to hold, load, sight, and fire these pistols along with the safety aspect associated with handling and using a pistol.
Please Note, Bookings and pre-payment is required for these P650 courses.
Please contact the Club President, Dennis Eastman on 0438 402 778
Hume Pistol Club Inc.
Reference: Your Name
What to Wear and Bring to the Range
· 100 points of Identification
· Eye Protection – Can be provided by Club
· Ear Protection – Can be provided by Club
· Enclosed shoes – No sandals or thongs, Shoes should be comfortable as there could be a lot of standing and walking around.
· Clothing that is comfortable to wear without being too restrictive or too loose. Loose clothing, tank tops and low cut shirts can allow ejected cartridge casings to become trapped in them. These casings can be hot and burn.
Para military camouflage clothing or offensive clothing are not permitted.
· Baseball cap (optional) While it’s fine to let your hair down, it is recommended a hat or cap be worn to help keep your hair out of your face, it can also help deflect any cases from falling down behind your glasses. When choosing a hat or cap, remember that your hearing protection must be able to fit over it.
· Sunblock and insect repellent (optional)
Probationary Pistol Licence
If you decide you wish to take up pistol shooting as a sport, it is a legislative requirement that you take out Club membership and become licenced.
The Hume Pistol Club is a NSW Police approved Club for the purposes of training you in the sport of pistol shooting. Once you have joined the Club, we will guide you through the process of training you and obtaining your Probationary Pistol Licence.
You will be on a Probationary Pistol Licence for a minimum of 12 months before you can participate fully in every discipline available. There is a legislated minimum participation of 6 attendances at the Club in a 12 month period and Probationary Pistol Licence holders are not permitted to obtain their own pistols for the first 6 months of their licence.
For more information on licencing go to: http:/www.police.nsw.gov.au/services/firearms